You probably think you cannot have a low cost vacation and still have fun, don't you? But if you are willing to do a little bit of research and work beforehand, you can have a great family vacation even if you are on a budget.
1. Sign up for email alerts. Many of the online travel sites will allow you (in fact they encourage it!) to sign up to their online mailing list where they will send you special discounted rates for things like plane fare or hotel. Now, some people may think this is some type of shady business where they might send out a low airfare but when you get there it's all gone. Actually that is not the case, but what normally happens is there are limited seats available. The faster you get over there the better chance you have of grabbing a good discount. Now sometimes there are plenty of seats but the timing might be different than what you had planned. If so you have to decide which is more important, going on a certain day or getting a great discount on your vacation plane tickets or hotel.
2. Buy your tickets midweek. This generally applies to airfare. It's usually the best practice to purchase tickets in the middle of the week, Tuesday or Wednesday, in order to take advantage of the lowest prices.
3. If you are going to buy tickets or hotel rooms online or anything travel related, pay attention to the screen and see if there is a box located somewhere that asks you to input a coupon code. If you see that do a search on Google for something like "name of website plus coupon code" or anything similar. You can often find some great budget friendly deals that way.
4. Travel in the off season, or just after a major holiday week. Most people have probably heard of vacationing in the off season but a lot of people don't realize you can get just as good of a deal right after a major travel time such as spring break. Take advantage and book some low price tickets.
5. Ask for a lower price. Many people are making their travel arrangements online these days, but if you are willing to pick up the phone and call the hotel where you want to stay you can often negotiate a better price. Sometimes all it takes is to simply inquire if there is a special going on or a better rate than the one you found online.
Discover the secrets of traveling cheap even in this tough economy! Regardless of how large your family is, there are ways to travel anywhere even on a budget. Head over to http://www.the-cheap-traveler.com now!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Peyton_J_Finley